Friday, October 03, 2003

Once again, I'm sitting at the UCH library when I should be studying but instead, I am blogging. Wanna know why I don't like CrimLaw? Because we study issues like: if after finding about his wife's adultery, jealous husband goes out, buys a gun, and pumps a full magazine of 50 bullets into his wife killing her, would you consider that premeditated murder? Or was it done in a fit of rage? Was there a rational thought in this murderer's head as he was pulling the trigger? I know there are usually other circumstances you look at but most of the time, they do not really help all that much. You ask, what's the difference? If it's premeditated, it's first degree murder; punishable in most states by the death penalty or life imprisonment. If it's in rage, it's voluntary manslaughter, usually punishable by anywhere from 6-15 years in prison in most states. What do you think? I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home