Monday, September 29, 2003

So, I am sitting here at the UC Hastings library. I should be studying but here I am blogging. Well, my final fantasy baseball update. I won PoB's uber-competitive league and JT's casual league. I came in 3rd place in my work league but it's the one league where people pay to get information daily. Also, it was one of my better managing jobs as I made a couple of key trades to get me into contention: (Kerry Wood for Javy Lopez for the last 7 weeks when Piazza came back and Orlando Cabrera for Jose Hernandez early on in the season for some added steals). Also, there was the move I didn't make: dropping Aramis Ramirez after a horrid first two months. He eventually came around to give me 28HR's and 110RBI's on the year along with a .280 average. Not bad. I did notice this year that all three of my teams severely lacked speed which really killed me in my work league but in the other two leagues, it didn't seem to matter much. I actually can't wait til next year but for now, I'll wear my two league crowns proudly and a consolation 3rd place finish in another uber-competitive league is hardly blemish on my record. Last 2 years in 6 different leagues, I've finished first twice, second twice, and third twice. Not a bad record. I wonder if rotoworld's got open spots for extra writers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home