Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fantasy Sports and the Law

This is an absolute hilarious blogpost (from a "Fantasy Football widow") about Fantasy Sports and the law. Be sure to read the comments, they are absolutely precious...

My favorite comment...

"With Fantasy Football, players have to watch every NFL game. There's an NFL game on nearly every day during the season."

Response: In a perfect world maybe. But in real life we can only watch football on two days per week. All games are on Sunday except for one Monday night game. There are occasional Saturday games after the college season ends. And of course there is a game on Thanksgiving, a holiday in which we give thanks for football. I think there might be a few early season Thursday games as well. But every day? Not by a long shot.

"I live in Wisconsin. If I decided to bet with Jason in my suite (hi, Jason!) on the Green Bay Packers v. Minnesota Vikings game, that's illegal under WI law."

Response: I think it's only illegal if you bet on the Vikings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home