Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I can't believe this verdict:
Scrushy gets off. This proves the fallacy of trying a man in a forum where he is famous for his philanthropy.

More background on this man: USA Today Article

I cannot look into Richard Scrushy's heart but as a believer, I hope his faith is true because if it is not, I sincerely doubt God would stand for it. Also if it is not, people who take advantage of our religion really give Christians (and God) a bad name.

Lastly, if I was the SEC attorney on this case (which I'm not) (by the way, just cuz he gets off on the criminal charges doesn't mean that we can't go after him on civil charges, which has a signficantly lower burden of proof), I would have no problem going after him to the full extent that I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home