Thursday, December 12, 2002

Last night, I went to Zion Lutheran's K-2 Advent Service. What's K-2 you ask? Well, it's an advent service that is put on by the Zion's Kindergarteners, 1st Graders, and 2nd graders. My bro-in-christ KY's the second grade teacher so he invited me to come check it out and of course, I did. It was really really great. The kids were so cute in their little halos, bunny ears, cow costumes, pig noses, and various assortments of garments. They told the story of the birth of Christ in Bethlehem. My favorite lines were:

"He is the most beautiful child in the world. What is his name?"
"His name is Jesus...Jesus...wonderful, his name."

I had a great time. One especially memorable moment was when one of the little boy angels was walking in a processional line out the sanctuary and part of his wing fell off. He didn't even notice it fall off so he kept walking but the some of the other kids picked it up and told him to wait. So he stopped and all the other kids behind stopped as well It caused a small traffic jam of angels in the middle aisle. =) So cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home