Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Today, one of my co-workers, an attorney, (and one of my many bosses) took me aside today to talk about my decision to go to law school. He's a Chinese New Yorker, a mentor figure here at work for me, and also one of my recommenders for law school. He gave me lots of good advice and some thoughts about going to law school on the east coast versus school in California. He also gave me some advice about law school itself as well as attorneys in general (particularly, why people hate attorneys, always remember that if an attorney is yelling at you, he doesn't know what he's talking about... because if he did, he would be able to explain it without resorting to yelling). He also told me that if I should decide to go to law school in New York, he can definitely help me get a clerkship there after my first year with his connections over there. The other thing we talked about is that if I were to go back east, then it may be quite difficult to come back to California unless the school I go to is a nationally recognized law school (like NYU or Cornell. Fordham's law school is very good and it would be very easy to find a job in New York after graduation but it is a virtual unknown here on the west coast. Things to ponder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home