Wednesday, February 23, 2005

God's Grace

This weekend my gf's community group at SCBC is going to be serving food to the homeless at Glide Memorial Church, a Methodist church here in SF. Glide is famous for its acts of mercy. The thing is as a Methodist church, Glide's beliefs do not totally coincide my beliefs (particularly pertaining to homosexuality/gays/lesbians, etc). A friend of mine, the current leader of the Christian fellowship at my law school, expressed concern that participation in serving meals at Glide would be tantamount to a tacit approval of Glide's orthodoxy. However, somehow, I don't think Jesus would let that fact stop him from feeding the homeless and I think that by not going, we would implicitly be saying that God's grace is not sufficient for all sins. Anyhow, just some random thoughts of mine... after all, I'm definitely no theological scholar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home