Monday, June 21, 2004

Last week, my SO and I had quite a flurry of activities going on. On Sunday night, we went to a sendoff for one of my current housemates who's on a missions trip to Yunan province China with OMF. It was a good night of prayer and fellowship. We also had mochi ice cream... mmmmm. On Monday night, we entertained a sis in Christ, EK of CityChurch who happened to be in town for a few days for a dentistry rotation. We took her around the capital and around Old Town Sac which was fun. We also had ice cream (again). On Tuesday night, we went to see a Wynton Marsalis concert (jazz) at the Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis. The Mondavi Center is a brand new building on the campus and it really is a nice venue; very intimate setting with absolutely beautiful architecture. If you're in Davis, you really should check it out. The concert itself was excellent with some very good pieces. There's something about the way God created the piano and its absolutely beautiful notes that just captures my attention. On Thursday night, we went to Fellowship at the local church. There were about 20 other brothers and sisters at the fellowship and it was a nice nite of games and of serving as we prepared props for their VBS that's coming up for high-schoolers. I would like to note that ice cream is a definite favorite dessert of the fellowship as they have had ice cream three consecutive fellowships so once again, we had ice cream. On Friday night, we went to see The Producers, the musical. We had first row seats and it was absolutely a blast! I won't spoil it for you but it is a pretty hilarious musical with all kinds of wit. (note: there is some sexual innuendo so you may find parts a little offensive). However, there is a part about CPA's that I like (being a CPA myself)... after the musical, we once again had ice cream. On Saturday, we went to my family's BBQ celebrating my sister's graduation from Cal and my cousin's graduation from Lowell High School. It was a ton of fun and we had tons of food as I got to bar-b-que spare ribs, chicken, beef kebabs, and other good stuff... mmmm... afterwards we took many of my cousins to see Harry Potter, which was a very good movie. Dark, but very good... ok, nuff for now, must get back to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's where the ice cream suggestion came from. =) Hey, I wanted to say hi to you at church but you took off before I got a chance to.
~ Miscmusings

10:52 PM  
Blogger AlfDaBruin said...

R, you are right on...

M, will you be around this Sunday?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home