Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I just want to start by apologizing to everyone whose blog I've been commenting on in an argumentative fashion. These past few weeks and these upcoming weeks, I've been preparing and will be preparing for my moot court oral arguments. Today, during my oral argument practice, opposing counsel tried to establish her case using a prior case decision. When my turn came up, I distinguished her case by citing how our case at hand and her precedential case differ. When a judge tried to shoot me down with a difficult question, I came up with an answer that was so good that my professor stopped and announced to the whole class "Everyone arguing on the respondent's side (my side) should pay attention. THAT'S how you argue that point." I blushed, thanked the court, and sat down because I knew I had won. Game set match. My opponent, on rebuttal, tried to refute what I said with no success...

Better not get too far ahead of myself though. This was only practice. Next week, the judges will have much tougher questions for me I bet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home