Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Monday Night & Tuesday Night...LSAT class. My normal class meets on Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings (and early afternoons) but I attended the Berkeley class on Monday night. My normal SF class is on Lesson Six but the early Berkeley session class is on Lesson Eleven. You see, Lesson Eleven for the SF course falls on the weekend of the Lumps retreat and since I want to go to the retreat, I had to go to the Berkeley class. Anyways, so on Monday night, I was in Berkeley taking the class along with 50 Cal students (coincedentally, the class was being held just a few blocks away from my little sister Phoebe's apartment; she goes to Cal). The class was definitely fast-paced as the Cal students were pretty smart-allecky. They would go ahead of the instructor and those that were at my table would encourage me to go ahead as well so that they could check their answers with mine. There was a time when I was at UCLA, that I remember being exactly the same way. No patience. Now, however, I generally find myself just going at the snail's pace and liking the snail's pace. I think I get more out of the teaching this way. I guess I've matured quite a bit in this way. But I will admit, I felt a little bit of that competitive urge inside of me. You know, the one where you want to prove that you are smarter than everyone else? Anyways, near the end of the class, the instructor gave us some "challenge" questions where we work on our own and I did pretty good compared to the Cal kids so I'm feeling pretty overconfident. Anyone want to humble me??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home