Monday, August 19, 2002

Sorry for not blogging in awhile...been kinda busy. Friday night, I went out with my good friend MJ, his companion M, and my friend AL. My friend MJ merits a paragraph in and of itself. MJ was my college roomie for two years (freshmen and sophomore years). He's an All-American looking sandy blonde hair, blue-eyed surfer guy from Orange County who just graduated from Law School. He's also one of my most loyal and trusted friends. And he's not a believer (as a matter of fact, a devout atheist). He's got model type good looks, charm, and a nice BMW 3-series (with tinted windows, 18 inch wheels, clear corner lights, and rims)... so you can imagine, he's quite popular with the ladies. Pretty much the exact opposite of me. =) But he's extremely loyal to me personally. If I called him up, told him I needed a ride to LA, he'd be on I-5 heading north 5 minutes after hanging up with me. Friends like that are golden and hard to find. But the thing is, MJ isn't a believer so he lives by a different standard, man's standard and of course, I live by God's standard. I don't judge him for it for it's not my place to judge and quite frankly, because judging is a no-no. Instead, I love him as a friend. Anyways, so yeah MJ is just a great guy with a fine education so he attracts many women, usually of the blonde haired blue eyed bombshell type. His companion on Friday evening is no different. Easily taller than me, blonde, fit, physically beautiful. At first glance, she might pass for late 20's but upon closer inspection, one can see the wrinkle lines and can tell she is at least 30, probably 30 or 31. MJ is 26. And to be honest with you, when he called me to tell me he was coming up to visit SF with M, he also disclosed her age...M is 35 years old. She's more than a decade older than me and MJ is sleeping with her. I'm not going to pretend that they are sexually pure... it's not in my nature. Like I said, MJ lives by a different standard. When MJ first told me about M's age, I told him that it would be wise of him to let her go before there was a lot of emotional attachment. MJ just got out of a three year relationship and this would be construed (correctly) as a rebound fling. Any possibility of long-term is doomed from the start. So now 2 weeks later after that conversation, he was bringing M up to SF for a weekend getaway (or rather M was bringing him up...what's the difference?). So of course, being one of his best friends, I made reservations at a very nice Italian restaurant in North Beach and prepared to meet MJ and M and greet them as a gracious host/representative of San Francisco. I also brought along my friend AL to dinner since she's played pool with MJ before and I thought she would be good company to this dinner. Besides, I also wanted to check up on her since she's been dealing with a lot of relationship issues too. On the way to dinner, coincidentally, I ran into a bro, WC who was picking up food at Pasta Pomodoro for dinner. (which also brings up another dilemna, when you're in a private party and you run into a bro or sis, do/can/should you invite them to come along?) So we had dinner and then afterwords hung out at a bar/restaurant where some of M's friends showed up and we chatted. So after spending some time with M and MJ, I've come up with some conclusions. Oh, time for me to go to a dentist appointment...more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home