Sunday, July 07, 2002

So yeah, been hanging with my bro KL who's back from Michigan. We drove around on Wednesday Night (7/3) just visiting people, doing the Denny's hopping thing. Went to the one at El Cerrito to meet with some Cal guys we know and then went to the J-Town one to hang with some guys we know who finished bible study (and subsequently went to a Korean bar which is kinda weird). 4th of july, Hung out with lumps folks for fireworks along the wharf which was cool. I have to admit though...at times, I still feel like an outsider at lumps. Goes with the territory I suppose. Friday night- took my Mom out to dinner at Cafe For All Seasons which is a great restaurant in my opinion. The pasta there is quite good....and lite on the stomach so you don't feel food coma afterwords. Saturday morning, had an awesome prayer meeting. My uncle came out and led worship... which may be a bit strange since he's not a part of lumps but he's my spiritual mentor so I lean on him when I need help. MY, LM, DC, DS, KY, AF, JC, CL, TC, JW all showed up, shared, and prayed earnestly. It was a really edifying experience for me. Then, afterwords I met with my friend AL who isn't saved, my buddy KL, and CW, a sister who's friends with both AL and KL at Peet's in West Portal for two reasons. One because AL has been going through difficult times with her ex/soon to be ex/boyfriend (she's been trying to break it off for 6 months now but it has been really difficult due to a lot of things, some manipulative, imo, by the ex) and I wanted to spend some time with her and make her more comfortable around my fellow brothers & sisters in Christ and I. Secondly, because I was organizing a surprise birthday party for KL with his Mom and I had to get him out of the house so that they could get the food ready and all the surprise guests could arrive at the home stealthily. Suffice it to say, it was really fun chatting with AL, CW, and KL. I had the Cafe Freddo drink at Peet's for the first time and I really didn't like it. Peet's is really strong coffee. No wonder they provided it at Deloitte. The surprise birthday party afterwords was awesome too as KL was totally surprised. Afterwords, chatted with AL about all sorts of stuff and caught Minority Report. All in all a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home