Thursday, July 10, 2003

One of the things that I found very encouraging this past weekend was when I went to lunch with a bunch of Lumps folks after Sunday service. We were at San Tung (our favorite restaurant!) and there were approximately 25 of us in all. We sat in 2 separate tables but the encouraging moment came when I looked around at the ten people who were sitting with me and was able to identify at least one ministry in which each was serving. The challenge with churches in general is that it usually ends up like a football stadium, 22 players on the field exhausted in need of rest, and thousands in the stands in need of excitement. When I looked around me at the face of each person, I came to realize that it was Lumps is not like a football stadium.... that there are a lot of folks who have answered God's call. I also realized that I loved each one and that I was really thankful to God to have such wonderful brothers & sisters in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home