Sunday, March 09, 2003

Yesterday, I visited Grandpa Peng, the most holy man I have ever known. Grandpa Peng is not my grandfather. He is the father of my uncle's wife. What does that make us? Absolutely nothing except brothers in Christ. I first met Grandpa Peng in 1997 when my uncle introduced me to his then fiancee's family at their home in Diamondbar, CA. They had prepared food for a barbecue and they welcomed me to their home as a member of the family. It was then that Grandpa Peng and I first met. He introduced himself as Angela's (my uncle's wife) Dad and asked me to just call him "Grandpa Peng" and that's what I've always known him as. Truth be told. I don't even know what his first name is. All I know is that he loves me just as he loves all of God's children. Grandpa Peng is a retired Reverend, an awesome Grandfather, and a fierce prayer warrior. All I can say is that once I was studying really late at their home in Diamondbar (the Pengs even let me stay over frequently when I was at UCLA), I could hear Grandpa's prayers, praise, and cries for the Lord's mercy even though I was a hundred feet away and even though the door to Grandpa's room was closed. Grandpa Peng is having triple bypass surgery tomorrow morning at 7 AM. It's going to be a very dangerous surgery. Three of his vessels have over 90% blockage, the other three have over 70% blockage. Grandpa is 78 years old and even, yesterday, he seemed to be very alert and energetic. Grandpa prayed for me yesterday. He prayed for my walk, for the Lord's usage of me in the coming years, for my family, and for my little sister's salvation. Grandpa was not worried. Rather, he was at peace with whatever God's will is. As I left, I told Grandpa that if I didn't see him next down here, then I'll see him up there; to which, Grandpa Peng smiled and replied, "At the feet of Jesus."

If you have time, could you all pray for Grandpa Peng? Pray that, if it is the Lord's will, that Grandpa would live. And pray for comfort of Grandpa Peng's family if the Lord promotes him to be in His presence. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home