Thursday, October 03, 2002

Ok, I've had a freak accident on the basketball court....I've been studying at the UCSF Medical Library and yesterday after a day of studying, I left the library at around 6:30...well, while i was walking on the street, I ran into a friend of mine, CW, who was on her way to the UCSF gym to work out. She asked if I would like to come with her and I agreed (after all, I just spent the whole day in the library, I felt that I could use a little exercise break). well, I went and played ball with some guys and the guy that was guarding me was real physical. Suffice it to say while going to for a lay-up after getting by my guy, he hammered me and I landed awkwardly and fell clutching my left leg in a lot of pain. Being at UCSF, a few doctors came and looked at it informally, and basically they told me, that I have probably torn some fibers in the tendon that connect my calf (?) muscle... to what severity, they can't tell. More than likely, it isn't ruptured (which is a good thing) but they told me to take a few days and if I still can't put any weight on it, I should go see a doctor. So yeah, this comes at a real bad time. My LSAT is in 2 days....and on top of that, I can't make lumps tonight and i can't have lunch with my sis-in-christ PF whom I haven't spoken to in 5 months at UCSF today...this truly bites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home