Wednesday, August 07, 2002

LSAT class again last night... the class in and of itself was really good. The Logical Reasoning questions make up 1/2 of the exam with Logic Games taking 1/4 of the exam and Reading Comprehension taking up the last 1/4 of the exam. Logical reasoning questions can be grouped into roughly 6 different types of questions. My weakness on the Logical Reasoning questions are the so-called "Type 1" type of questions which ask often to identify the inference, conclusion, the "what must be true", of the passage that is given. Amazingly, on the diagnostic, I scored about 90% correct on all other types of questions but for type one type questions, I scored around 60% correct. And since type one questions take up almost 1/3 to 1/2 of all Logical Reasoning questions, that's where I stand to gain the most ground. So anyways, last night, we went over Type One questions and I feel alot more confident now that I understand how to go about attacking them. Anyways, to stop boring you... let's move onto other things.


So at the class last night, I met a sister, Y, who is from Korea. She goes to Calvary Presbyterian here in the City. It's funny because she came to the US supposedly, just to study for the LSAT and to study English. She studied Poli-Sci in Korea but only wants to go to UC Berkeley Law (which is also one of my top schools, just because it's a great school close to home). Of course, me being the realist, I asked her what was her second choice, and she told me she hadn't even considered the possibility of not getting into Cal Law. I forget to mention that her English is quite good. Not perfect, but pretty good. Anyways, she seems to be friendly. One thing that I find kind of weird but explanable is that she smokes. I know that alot of foreigners smoke but I've never known a brother or a sister in Christ who smokes so it's kind of weird...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home